Xiaomi Redmi 4 captured a lot of the Indian market and now Xiaomi Redmi 4 is the most preferred smartphone in India. Like every time it offers value for money product, recently they launched Xiaomi Redmi 4 the successor of Redmi 3s. Let’s dive into the Pros & Cons.
What we’ve liked so far about Xiaomi Redmi 4:
• Xiaomi Redmi 4 is powered by the 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 octa core processor with Adreno 505 GPU.
• There are 3 variants of Redmi 4. The base version comes with 2GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory(ROM). The other 2 variants are combined with 3GB RAM – 32 GB ROM and 4GB RAM – 64GB ROM.
• Redmi 4 includes a 13MP rear camera with LED flash which has 5 element lens with f/2.0 aperture and PDAF autofocus. And in front, it has a 5MP f/2.2 aperture camera. The rear camera does support Full HD video recording.
• In terms of display, the Redmi 4 comes with 5 inch HD 2.5D curved glass display(1280 x 720).
• Redmi 4 runs on MIUI 8 based on Android Marshmallow and it supports VoLTE connection.
• It also has 4100 mAh battery. In terms of sensors, Xiaomi Redmi 4 is packed up with Gyroscope, Infrared, Proximity, Accelerometer, Ambient light, Fingerprint and Compass sensor.
• The 2GB variant comes for 6999 INR, 3GB for 8999 INR and the 4GB for 10999 INR.
We got our Xiaomi Redmi 4 unit from Amazon.in and it just took 3 days approx to receive. You can buy the same by visiting REDMI 4 LINK
First thing is the design and the build quality. The Xiaomi Redmi 4 comes with metallic unibody and also has a 2.5D curved glass.
The build quality is quite good and at this price point, this type of build quality and the 2.5D curved glass is really eye catching.
The in hand feel is also great. Xiaomi did no compromises with build quality.
In terms of display it has 5 inches HD 720p display and 2.5D curved glass but no gorilla glass protection. You might think of Full HD 1080p display but 720p is perfect for this phone and it will provide better performance and battery life.
The viewing angles are decent and the display is quite crisp.
Generally, the camera is the weakest point of Redmi phones but Xiaomi Redmi 4 is the exception.
Though it’s not a camera centric phone still the camera performance is improved than the other Redmi phones like Redmi 3s. At this price point, the camera performance is satisfactory.
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 comes with Snapdragon 435 octa core processor. In terms of performance, Redmi 4 is very good. I played many games and used it for 1 month. Most games run flawlessly with no lags.
The battery performance is also great. The 4100 mAh battery would provide you at least 1-day battery if you do heavy usage, otherwise, you will get 2 days battery backup easily. There was a heating issue when I charged the phone.
The phone became warm every time I was charging. But last week Xiaomi provided an OTA update which solved the heating issue. Now there is no heating issue.
Let’s move on software
Xiaomi Redmi 4 comes with MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. MIUI is really a very good user interface. It’s quite user-friendly. Xiaomi officials also promised that Redmi 4 would get Android 7.0 Nougat update with MIUI 9.
What we’ve liked about Xiaomi Redmi 4:
• The most important thing is the build quality. The build quality is really very good.
• Battery life is superior.
• Camera performance is decent.
• Speaker is quite loud.
• Almost every sensor is available.
• Overall performance is pretty good.
What we didn’t like:
• No Gorilla Glass protection.
• The 3 buttons at the bottom are not backlit.
Hope you have liked our Review on Xiaomi Redmi 4, Please share the posts on your facebook and twitter or comments down below. We’ll answer each one wisely.
Bloggerprasad is meant to deliver insights on product reviews which most people are unaware of. By the help of this blog, Prasad tries to put his extensive research on practice by purchasing them before he writes honestly about it.